The Age of “MultiDentity”
A new era is upon us. Chaotic and unpredictable, this new era challenges us to recognize the powerful forces that are affecting our organizations, agencies, teams and communities:
- Economic and cultural globalization
- Major demographic and mobility shifts
- Unbounded technology
- Unfiltered social media and information bubbles
- Increased fragmentation and polarization in our national and international political systems, and the
- Continuous expansion of individual and cultural freedoms and the backlash to those expansions
As a result of these forces, today’s leaders are faced with ever-increasing numbers and types of stakeholders in their organizations and communities. The complexity of these stakeholders’ differences creates unprecedented tension, confusion and conflict.
This multiplicity of stakeholders and the complexity of the differences that must be understood and managed is a defining characteristic of this new era, which we call the Age of MultiDentity.
A New Era Requires a New Leadership Mindset and Skills
The MultiDentity Leadership Workshop focuses on the leadership mindset and skills needed to deal successfully with the interplay of these competing ideologies, values, belief systems and agendas. The Workshop will help you and your leadership team develop your ability to foster cohesion and collaboration in today’s multilayered and interconnected work environment.
As a result of attending this workshop, you will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the forces that have created the Age of MultiDentity and the ways in which they are likely to affect your organization, work group or community
- Learn how to identify the different world views and power dynamics that are influencing different identity groups among your customers, shareholders, employees and public constituents
- Anticipate points of resistance or plans for disruption of your business strategy on the part of consumers, the public or employees based on your positioned on identity based issues
- Develop a strategic mindset that helps you focus on whatever the unifying ideals, commonalities and shared values are in any given situation and, at the same time, engage in successfully negotiating the differences that need to be resolved
- Learn the basics of “Multi-Flexing” – the process and skills you can use to provide leadership in conflict situations and bring stakeholders with very different identity-related points of view into alignment
- Assess your level of mastery of other competencies that contribute to the effectiveness of a MultiDentity leader, and develop an action plan for enhancing your competency in a particular area
The MultiDentity workshop is highly experiential and blends online and classroom assessments of the organization’s external and internal environments, including the organization’s culture, as well as individual assessments of leadership competencies in the Age of MultiDentity. Participants receive a copy of the MultiDentity Mindset e-book and one year of access to an on-line knowledge portal.